I know I know I know.
I am the worst part-time blogger ever. I can’t even call myself a part-time blogger because even that is a stretch. A sometimes-when-I-remember-and-am-feeling-motivated blogger is more accurate. HOWEVER, I truly plan on putting in more time on this blog because I am officially a librarian!
*throws confetti and jumps up and down*
Not only am I a librarian, but I managed to land my dream job as a children’s librarian at a library in Massachusetts. HOLLA! #nailedit
So, I plan on making an honest effort in posting at least once a week about books I’ve read/and excited about and any YA book/movie/tv news. No, really, I will do a better job maintaining this blog. Ugh, I’m already disappointed in myself. Whatevs.
To kick-off my string of soon-to-be-written posts, I’ve decided to dedicate this one to all the books I am determined to read this summah. I managed to whittle this list down to 15 books, but I really hope to read more. Judging by my current book slump, it’s not looking too good for me, but I’m DETERMINED.
SOOOOO here we go: (I’ll even categorize this list for everyone #librarianstatus (I need to lay off excessive use of hashtags))
(Side note: you can click on the cover to get a longer summary of the book)
15. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken *Dystopian
14. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis *Dystopian
13. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater *Fantasy
12. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor *Fantasy
11. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes *Fantasy
10. Splintered by A.G. Howard *Fantasy
9. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski *Fantasy
8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern *Fantasy
7. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins *Contemporary
6. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo *Fantasy
5. Maye One Day by Melissa Kantor *Contemporary
4. Paper Towns by John Green *Contemporary
3. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandry Nelson *Contemporary
2. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson *Contemporary
AAAAND THE NUMBER ONE BOOK ON MY SUMMER READING LIST IS………..
1. Looking for Alibrandi by (the literary goddess) Melina Marchetta *Contemporary
This is the last book by Marchetta that I have left to read. Aaaand that is absolutely why I have been putting off reading it.. because then I have no more Melina Marchetta…. and that makes me feel nauseous. But I know that I am destined to love this book so it needs to be read and loved and read and loved.
Sooooooooo as you can see, I have quite the list going. There are manymanymany more books on my shelf that need to be read as well, so I’ll keep you all updated.
Until then, happy reading!